Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I Like Music

My credit card bill recently revealed to me what may be a terrifying addiction (and welcome one, as far as the record inustry is concerned). I can't stop downloading from the iTunes music store. I'm just too fed up with Limewire (www.limewire.com) and the way that it freezes my computer. Plus, I can never find anything that isn't Top 40, and most of the files end up sounding awful. iTunes, on the other hand, has turned me on to a whole new world of independent music... mostly through its "Listener's Also Bought" feature and "Just For You" features.

Among my discoveries:

Jens Lekman- I can't stop listening to "Maple Leaves" and "Black Cab," the best tracks from "Oh, You're So Silent Jens" He's from Sweden. And he's weird. If those songs don't convince you he's an oddball worth listening to, this video will.

The Wrens- I bought "Meadowlands" on the strength of "Thirteen Grand" and "Everyone Chooses Sides." You should buy it just because of this hilariously honest bio.

And a good song from a band I know nothing about: "No Place Like Home" by Home & Thom
Like a less depressing Coldplay.

There's a lot more, but that's all I got for you now. Also, check out Sickabod Sane, who's not on iTunes, but will be shortly. Get his tracks for free while you still can.

No comments:

Visitor Map: