Monday, February 25, 2008

Daniel Day Lewis Can Rock The Moustache

Daniel Day Lewis won the award for Best Actor at the Oscars last night, for his role in There Will Be Blood. I haven't seen There Will Be Blood, although, I've heard from trusted sources that it features lots of yelling and blood. Which to my mind, makes it similar to Gangs of New York, which also featured Day Lewis. In fact, his characters, as my friend Seth pointed out, look remarkably similar:

Gangs Of New York
Gangs

There Will Be Blood
Blood

The similarity, of course, lies in the so-bushy-you-can-hear-it-barking moustaches, and the hat. And the yelling. "I've Abandoned my BOY!!!" "I will find youuu!!!" (actually, that second one's from his role in Last of the Mohicans). To me, it's become obvious that Daniel Day Lewis is growing quite fond of playing these facially-haired, mad-hatted characters. So Seth and I came up with some other roles that Daniel Day Lewis may want to sink his teeth into:

Mario

The Monopoly Man

Bill Cowher

Pringles Man

The Academy has showed Daniel Day love for his last two moustached roles... now if only he can land these ones.. he just may continue his streak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think Mario and Bill Cowher are ruthless enough for Daniel Day Lewis. The Monopoly guy...debatable.

I see him playing more of a Snidely Whiplash: http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/snidely.htm

Visitor Map: