Friday, November 09, 2007

Dude, You're Getting A Taco!

Dell Dude

Commercial watchers and NYU students might remember Benjamin Curtis, otherwise known as "The Dell Dude," for the series of television advertisements he did for Dell Computers in the early 00's. A former Eagle Scout and Tisch School of the Arts student, Curtis infamously lost his job when he was busted buying pot on the Lower East Side, while wearing a tuxedo top and kilt.

New York Magazine reports that Curtis is now working as a waiter at a Mexican restaurant, in between acting jobs. He sounds humbled by his experience. And not at all like that obnoxious Dell Dude.
"I’ve had tables of young girls who think they recognize me, and when they ask me, I say 'yes' and then they don’t believe me and they start arguing and ask me to do the catchphrase and I’ll laugh and say, 'It’s been four years, but I’m glad you’re a fan.'"

No comments:

Visitor Map: