Thursday, March 03, 2005

Stunning Developments

This Just In From ABCNEWS:

In Nevada, lawmakers are debating whether to limit the right of the public to have stun guns as makers of the weapons step up their efforts to market them outside law enforcement.

The bill would make it illegal to use a stun gun except in self-defense and would bar felons, fugitives and people suffering certain types of mental illness from owning or using them. Children would be allowed to have stun guns only with parental consent and would be allowed to use them only in their own home.


Ok. Read that last line again.

Children would be allowed to have stun guns only with parental consent and would be allowed to use them only in their own home.

Anyone else have a problem with kids using stun guns at home? Makes "Cowboys and Indians" a lot more interesting.

Yeah, I know I know. To use against intruders. But seriously, would you trust your kid with a taser?

Yeah, I know I know, for every liberal weenie like me who thinks that's a bad idea, there's a right-wing nut job saying, "Tasers? Why would my kid need that? He's got a shotgun, two glocks and three grenades."

The same article also mentions police using a taser on a 65 pound, 13 year old girl.

Strangely hot, but also, what the heck? This apparently happened after the police force involved spent millions buying tasers.

Itchy to try out their new toys? Or was there really a reason big burly police officers had to take Jamie Lynn Spears down?

Officers: Freeze!

Girl: Whatever. Like, I'm totally doing nothing.

Officers: Jesus, she's got pigtails! Taser her!

Did I forget to mention the girl was already cuffed at the time?

Strangely making the situation even hotter?

Ok, I've said enough. I'm too old to consider 13 year olds hot.

But not too old, apparently, to taser them.

No comments:

Visitor Map: